Saturday, November 25, 2006

Well, It's about time, don'tcha think?



Get done holding your breath! Yes, I am blogging again. Well, It's only been about 6 weeks. My total weight loss is now about 22 pounds. I got my hair cut and some new clothes. The picture is one I had taken for our Information Security web site at work. I really do need to exercise more.


Thanksgiving was wonderful. Mom and Aunt Claire and the Kiner's had the pleasure of enjoying an almost 20 lb turkey. Once again Wayne did all the cooking, except for my famous broccoli casserole. We ate about 3 and I swear we were cleaning up by 3:40. Megan came over for some dessert, then later around 6:30 we went to Lori's. Stayed for about an hour and Kassidy and I were in bed by 10:30. Oh, by the way, congratulations to all those in Austin who completed the Turkey Trot. Wish we had something like that here, but I guess it's too cold.


Kassidy and I decided to do the black friday crazy shopping thing. We got up at 4 and were at Bonton by 4:40. It opened at 5:00. We then went to Boscov's which opened at 6 and Kassidy started to complain of being hungry, tired, and having a headache. I did my shopping and then we went to Colonial Park Diner for breakfast. We got home by 7:45 and I slept until 11. Woke up with a killer headache. Kassidy only slept for an hour. We then hung out for most of the day until dinner then went to Two Brothers for pizza for dinner. I surely did not eat very well on Friday, as at about 2:30 Sat morning I woke up feeling cold and clammy and tested my blood sugar to find it was onlly 73. I went to the kitchen and laid down on the floor to keep from fainting. I ate 2 bananas, a granola bar and some chocolate and went back to bed. I woke up at 8 and tested my blood. It was a normal 111. A scary situation to say the least.


Kassidy had bowling on Sat morning. She is doing very well. If she could just learn to throw the ball a little harder. It'll come. She bowled a series of 156. Her average is 74 per game. She really seems to enjoy it. After bowling, we went back over to Lori's. Sue was down from New York and Lori was having dinner for Aunt Mare and Sue's birthdays on Sun and Mon. I had planned to go to my friend's house in Cornwall for her annual Pampered Chef Open House. Always a fun event and good food. Kassidy stayed at Lori's and played with Kayla for about 2.5 hours while I was away. We then came home and I had a nap for about an hour, then I woke up and we decorated the Christmas Tree



We are now watching the pop-up edition of The Cheetah Girls 2. We watched High School Musical (PUE) last night. I feel like I have been watching the Disney Channel 24-7. My Netflix Nip Tuck came in the mail today. Can't wait to watch!

I hope you enjoyed this. I'll try to write more often.

1 comment:

nanny joan said...

well well well well well! Finally you are back to blogging. I enjoyed reading everything. That is amazing that Kelly found your palm - whatever that is. I had quite a time this morning. You know I keep telling you all how cloudy my eyes are - well that and the fog were quite a combo and the real kicker was that when I put my glasses on when I got out of bed this morning the lens fell out and so there I was with only one working eye. No one was here to help me so I had to drive to the drug store and buy one of those eye glass repair kits and ask three different people if they would help me fix my glasses. Two said they didn't know how. the third one was a nice young pharmacy clerk who did it for me. I was quite a mess till they were fixed. I stated doing the eye lid washing with the baby shampoo like the doctor's instructions said - have to do that twice a day now until the surgery. Today was hell at work - paycheck day is always a fiasco....... My head was swimming by the time 6 p.m. rolled around and we could shut the place down. i came home and made myself a vodka and tonic and just tried to unwind. My sister Claire is supposed to be coming down again this week-end. Either tomorrow or early Saturday. Talk to you soon.