Friday, September 15, 2006

The Melting Pot - Mmmmmmmm

Okay - Day 3 and nothing but good things to come! Most of the morning I did abso lutely nothing. Watched another movie - My Life with Michael Keaton and Nicole Kidman. Saw it before, but it was good. Kelly got home from work around 2:00 and stated that she wished I could stay permanently, as her house looked so good. Hey, what can I say, it's just in me. She changed her clothes and we put on our sneaks and off we went to walk around the Lake of Green.

From Kelly's to GreenLake is about a mile and then around the lake is 2.8 miles. Total distance - almost 5 miles. We had to prep for our delightfully awaited trip to The Melting Pot for a fondue feast to die for. I figured that I actually gained myself 15 exercise points so that I may indulge tonight.

After our walk Kelly took Kelsey to guitar lessons, as I chilled out for a bit while they were away. When they got home we headed to Fondue Heaven. We arrived a little early so Kelly and I had a drink as we waited for Jason to arrive. I had White Zinfandel - my first alcoholic beverage since I started on the healthy road. Now this blog is probably getting very long, but I must describe the dinner. Our first entree was a selection of 2 cheese fondues. We chose The Fiesta and also Traditional Swiss. Our items to dip were some diced green apples, 2 different breads and some tortilla chips.

We had a lovely waitress named Nicole who was very nice and ended up getting a big tip. The next course was the main entree of different meats. There was chicken, filet mignon, teriyaki pork, shrimp, and vegetable ravioli. Our dipping/cooking oils were Coq Au Vin and then a Citrusy Mix, not sure of the exact name. Both were just de-lish!

Course number three was dessert. Jason chose the Flaming Turtle - dark chocolate mixed with carmel and pecans and then Kelsey chose the Cookies and Cream Marshmallow dream. Milk chocolate with marshallows and crushed oreo cookies. Our items to dip were strawberries, bananas, pineapple, encrusted marshmallows (rolled in either crushed cookies or graham crackers), brownie bites, pound cake bites and a small piece of cheesecake. Nicole prepared the chocolate pots and then flambe'd them before our very eyes. The whole meal took us about 2.5 hours to complete. It was exquisite and well worth the wait! Tomorrow - WE GAMBLE!

No comments: